I am fortunate to have a niece that works for a black powder company. Among other things she gets to go around to reenactments, black powder shoots, and any place where large amounts of black powder is used. She sends me pictures of her shooting cannons, large Civil War mortars, and all sorts of plack powder rifles and pistols. Personally I have never been a black powder guy and have always used Pyrodex or White Hots in my CVA .50 cal. rifle...

Suffice it to say I now have 3 lbs of high quality black powder 2 - 3F and 1 - 2F. If I live to be 110 I'll never be able to use it all but how should I store it? Somebody suggested in my freezer. Right now it is in my reloading room along side my smokeless. That room may get up to 85 in the summer and 55 in the winter. Should it be in some type of container or sitting on the shelf in it's original container? What happens if there is a fire? It is my understanding that BP is much more explosive than say 4895...

I know, I could ask her but she thinks I am smart enough to already know the answer. Any help here is appreciated.