1. Default Ruger Precision .308 muzzle brake

Hi, Guys! Please be kind to help me by advising me on the best Rifle scope for Ruger Precision .308 muzzle brake. comments and piece of advice are highly welcomed! I was thinking of some scopes for AR-15 like Nikon Prostaff 3-9X40. But when I watch some reviews about it on youtube, I found out that after sometime, the internal rings start falling out.

71EEzQGsmpL._SL1500_1_w701_h251.jpg

leftyo Guest

a lot depends on your budget, but id stay away form the under $300 bargain scopes. vortex has some decent offerings in the viper linup, the HS scopes for not too much, a step up would be the nightforce SHV, and they start at about $950 and go up to $1100, and are really nice scopes for the money.

I now have Vortex scopes on all my rifles . I picked them all up on sales at a few hundred off on each one . Very clear optics , repeatable return , zero stops on all mine ,illuminated reticles with a twist switch ( vs a push button ) that has an off between each setting , front focal plane on all the high power / long range scopes , rated for 50 BMG , lifetime no questions warranty , what's not to like ?
    My RPR .308 has a Vortex Viper PST 6-24 X 50 FFP w/ EBR-1 MRAD reticle ( PST-624F1-M ) . Have the same on my Ferrett .50 single shot and the same ( except 4-16 ) on my AR match 5.56 .
    Chris

Like leftyo says, your budget matters. So does what you plan on doing with the rifle. Great, big, high magnification, scopes aren't great for hunting. And don't forget you need rings to fit that 20 MOA rail.
    Wouldn't believe everything you see on YouTube either.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I have a Vortex scopes myself, my son just put a PST on his RPR. My buddy has 4 Vortex scopes. My parents also have about 4 between them. None of us have had any issues due to quality. My dad and I both had scopes break on us due to us.
    Last edited by AmBraCol; 10-06-2017 at 10:22.

I put a Vortex HST 6-24 on my RPR and love it.

I have been using Leupold MK4 8.5 - 25 LRT on all my precision rifles. This is the most recent addition, a Savage BA 10 Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Semper Fi
    Art