Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Looking for some opinions

Hoping someone can tell me what model this is. This is the only picture I have right now but I hope it's enough to shed a little light on what this is. Any help is appreciated!image.jpg

leftyo Guest

a 1911 by the looks of it.

3. Default

I am aware that this is a 1911, hence why I posted in a 1911, thank you. I suppose I should of been more specific given the wise response. The owner is telling me this is a 1918 Colt 1911. I don't have enough knowledge to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6112 View Post
    I am aware that this is a 1911, hence why I posted in a 1911, thank you. I suppose I should of been more specific given the wise response. The owner is telling me this is a 1918 Colt 1911. I don't have enough knowledge to tell.
    Joe6112,

Actually, it looks like a Government Model 1911A1 (Not a Military pistol, most likely, a Commercial pistol). (So, not made in 1918!)

There is not enough info in your picture to tell for sure what it is. What is the serial number? Most likely, it is a post 1949 GM.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by stan4; 06-18-2017 at 12:42.

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6112 View Post
    i got a green car, what can you tell me about it? a distant picture just isnt enough to say anything about it.

6. Default

Good point....ass
    Last edited by Joe6112; 06-18-2017 at 08:44.

leftyo Guest

touchy touchy!! LOL

Joe, the responses you are getting are to be expected. You show a tiny dark picture of a 1911 and want a full report. These guns as well as Lugars, Mausers, M1 Carbines and most others can have a very complex history as far as make, what year of manufacture and such. I have books on the 1911 but that doesn't make me an expert but there are others here that are and they normally bend over backwards to give information. Since you've made an ....ass of yourself I doubt you will get that help now. leftyo's comment on the green car was spot on, mine is silver. You may want to start over on a different forum.

The grips, if original, have the Colt logo on them but they are not military as far as I know. Never seen any commercial ones like that ether.
    You can never go home again.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    The grips, if original, have the Colt logo on them but they are not military as far as I know. Never seen any commercial ones like that ether.
    dave,

Here is some info on pistols with those type of Colt Stocks. http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt...ment-45-a.html and, https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=724074

Best Regards,