Default British made WW2 Enfield rifles

What are all the possible models and manufacturers of British made Enfields that could have been used by the Brits during WW2?

Hmm No 4 Mark 1,no 1 Mark III and III*' sten, No 5 Mark 1' No 4T, left over P14s, Thompson just off my head.

No 4 manufacturers
    ROF Fazakerly
    ROF Maltby
    BSA
    Longbrach
    Savage

No 5
    ROF Fazakerly
    BSA

no 1 Mark III or III *

Lot of left over rifles

Lithgow
    RFI (India)
    SSA
    ENFIELD RSAF
    BSA

P14
    Winchester
    Remington
    Eddystone

STEN

Enfield RSAF
    BSA
    ROF FAZAKERLY
    ROF Maltby
    ROF Theale
    Berkshire
    LB ltd
    Long Branch

If I missed one someone please chime in.
    Last edited by p246; 06-16-2017 at 09:56.

Got to thinking did RFI make any STENS, I believe they made sterling later on.

"...No. 1 Mark III*..." Were not all left overs from anything. Made by BSA(Birmingham Small Arms) until 1942.
    Eddystone was a Remington plant too. Not a different company.
    "...British made Lee-Enfields..." Royal Small Arms - Enfield, RSAF Sparkbrook, Birmingham Small Arms Co. and London Small Arms Co. made No. 1 Mk III's and Mk III*'s. No. 4's were made in ROF Fazakerley and ROF Maltby. BSA Co. set up their Shirley plant. The Brits didn't have the manufacturing capability to make all the rifles they needed, especially after Dunkirk, so Savage and Canadian Arsenals picked up the slack. There were hordes of small shops all over Britain making parts too.
    And a No. 4 rifle is not an SMLE.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Thanks for the help guys. A friend who posts on this forum has asked me to keep an eye out for a shootable WW2 British made Enfield rifle in decent shape while I'm at gun shows in the Western Pennsylvania area. I usually hit a couple of flea markets in Florida in February. I wanted to know how many types I have to choose from. I've seen several WW2 Savage made Enfield No. 4s and a few from WW1 but no WW2s so far from Britain. All were in rough shape and nearly all had worn muzzles.

British made. You've got the No4's covered. BSA was the only BRITISH maker of the SMLE so you might find stacked rifle commercial markings along with the royal cypher on the buttsocket from early war. Once things got heated up you'll find 'dispersal rifles' with markings and traits which stray from the norm.
    Most notable would be a B above 19 with the final two digits of the year hand stamped separately.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**