Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My 1942 Remington 1903

I paid a great price for my 1903, NOTHING! I inherited my '03 from my uncle. It is stamped 10-42 on the barrel. I have had a good bit of help from Rick the Librarian and Bear (Bear was until recently a neighbor of mine) identifying the correctness of my rifle while on MilSurpluscollectors Forum (I followed them here at the suggestion from Bear) I was able to sit down and visit with Bear so that we could compare '03's (he has some great rifles), we also got to sit around and swap war stories for a couple hours.

Here are a few Pictures of my Rifle. If the sun ever comes out today I will get better Picutres.

03-1.jpg03-2.jpg03-3n.jpg
    If you no not where you are going, any Road will get you there!

1942 Remington 1903 rifle ... Cool! Received for free ... Way Cool! Inherited from your uncle ... Way Cool in the Most Extreme! Congratulations! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Nice!
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

I am trying to get some good pictures of the gun in natural light, but the sun is not cooperating.

There are 2 other rifles that I will be inheriting from my uncle. A Garand and an M1 Carbine. He can no longer shoot, he just wants to reload for them a little longer. He also has a low number SA '03, and an A3 that he sporterized that nobody wants to shoot because the stock he put on it is a bruiser and the Barrel was shortened 2 inches.

5. Default

Looks like it has a straight bolt handle.
    Fred Pillot
    Captain
    San Jose Zouaves

Yeah, It has been identified as a Rock Island Bolt Body. But the firing Mechanism is Remington. The Follower is a Winchester and the lower band is stamped.

Default Better Pics

Last edited by 2A-Jay; 06-13-2017 at 04:24.

Hey Jay,
    Welcome to Jouster. Good people here just like at Milsurps, in fact many are members of both forums. Several years ago when Jouster was having forum problems and had to close for a few months, the kind folks at Milsurps adopted us during the transition.

Hope you and your bride have settled in nicely on the coast. Must be wonderful for you to smell the salt air again.

BEAR

Quote Originally Posted by 2A-Jay View Post
    . . . . . .The Follower is a Winchester and the . . . . . ..
    I doubt the follower is Winchester, as I don't believe Winchester made any '03 parts. --Jim

"Upon further review" . . . .
    I just realized you might have a Winchester-produced follower that was meant for the M17 rifle. --Jim
    Last edited by JimF; 06-14-2017 at 06:34.