Default 601 slick-sided uppers complete

in the past ive seen complete uppers in for sale in places like Sportsman's Guide. i know they arent the best supplier of stuff in the world but im in need of an early (no FA) upper with triangle handguards, 3-prong flash hider and early drum rear sights for my EARLY Air Force M-16 retro rifle...

i drew one in the Air Force with a serial number just a pinch over 12,000 and while i wouldnt compete with it (have an A2 and a scoped A4 for that) but id like to have one to commemorate my service. Im doing an 80% lower so i can get is engraved specially for me lol...

N.E. New Jersey, west of the 'gorllia' building.

NoDak Spud offers a retro upper... on back order only at this time, model NDS 604. http://www.nodakspud.com/AR%20Lowers.htm

You may find the upper, but A1 rear sight parts are hard to come by.

Check with Brownells. I think they have the uppers and a few weeks ago they also had the Colt 9mm uppers. you just need to drill for the gas tube.

Fulton Armory claims to have A1 sight sets. They're probably reproduction parts. So if you're looking for GI parts these probably aren't for you.

I've bought parts from Fulton Armory (FA) in the past. To me, their prices are slightly on the high side. However, they often have items I can't get anywhere else. So I pay the premium. The parts I've received where fine and served their purpose. I don't care if they're real or repo, just as long as they work.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/rearsightcompletea1.aspx

Texas native exiled to Oz for past indescretions to numerous to mention.

For sight sets, and other stuff for the old rifles, web search for Indiana Army Surplus; they may be able to help.

If they can't, walk down the internet sidewalk to AR15.com and find the Retro Forum. If you're gonna dink with this kinda stuff you need to be looking there anyway; there isn't much about that era that their collective hive mind doesn't know. Then look for posts by hkiller and/or jhud. They're solid citizens of that community and can most likely help you out.
    Last edited by Andouille; 06-27-2017 at 04:52.
    "There it is"
    LOAD AND BE READY!