1. Default What type of carbine is this

I found an 1873 Carbine at the local pawn shop today and curious as to what it is or isn't and a possible value.
    It is missing both the front and rear sight. Barrel length is 21 1/2", hammer looks to be wrong, no cartouche on the grip,no inscriptions on the side plate, buttplate has the US stamp and hidden compartment but when opened there is no hole only wooden stock, appears to be a cleaning rod channel that has been expertly filled in which tells me it has the wrong stock. Serial number is in the 233xxx range, breach block says US Model 1873, no saddle ring, sling swivel on the trigger guard should that be there?
    What else is wrong with it?
    What is the current value in your opinions?
    What would it cost to replace the hammer and add sites?
    Thanks for your help.

IMG_1241.jpgIMG_1236.jpgIMG_1237.jpgIMG_1239.jpgIMG_1238.jpg
    Last edited by Paulj; 05-31-2017 at 10:28.

Apparently you missed the blown-off receiver ear? That gun is scrap, valuable for a few parts only. Current value: $100, or less. Bet that is not what the pawnshop has on it!! In all seriousness, you should point out to them that it is a ticking time bomb.

That is just a cut down rifle of course. There is a Lock Plate, trigger guard, trigger, some screws, butt plate, rear barrel band, tang screw, breech block and firing pin.
    What Kingly Ransom is the pawnbroker asking for such a bag of parts?

4. Default

They have had it a month and no price has been put on it yet for some reason.

I'd just walk away.

6. Default

I went back to them and explained what they had but they didn't seem to interested.

7. Default

��

That is truely a P.O.S.