Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post

Thought for the day:

You now need a 4-digit 1869, a 5-digit 1869, and a 5-digit 1870! And, NO, I am NOT joking - at all - such a run would really be the epitome, and would make one FANTASTIC display. Sure winner at the annual NRA show.

Good news is that all three can be obtained quite reasonably, and would be fun to assemble. In fact, I'd be willing to sell you my 25755, which is of comparable condition, at some future date. I'll put your name on it right now, just in case. That would be a great home for it.
    Dick, I'll lend any rifles you'd need if you'd like to set up such a display. I don't like traveling all that much any more.
    You could keep any and all prizes and accolades for yourself if such a display wins anything. Just cover the cost of shipping the rifles both ways with insurance. There ought to be a safe and quick way of sending them.

Appreciate the offer, and the expressed trust, but I'm in the very same boat. Don't display any more, and could never afford the big circuit even when I was younger physically. Another thing about the NRA show is that, AFAIK, no individual displays are permitted, one needs to be a member of a recognized collector group and display under their name.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 06-01-2017 at 10:49.

"Dick's Trapdoors and BBQ" .
    Last edited by Fred; 06-01-2017 at 08:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    "Dick's Trapdoors and BBQ" .
    What kind of BBQ?
    Sam

Ask Fred - it was his idea!

Fred, Dick,
    Thank you for sharing the information. Dick, hopefully that Mackinac rifle has my name on it... Thanks again to both of you for posting your great threads...

there are all the parts for a 1869 four digit #1528 on EBay from one vendor prices aren't outrageous.

Jim

It's sad for me to see an antique U.S. rifle being parted out. Kinda like parting out and selling an Illuminated Text or Medieval Bible, one page at a time.

10. Default

Where do I join up?