Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pit stop.

Default Pit stop.

Sure glad there is tp in c rations. For those that have been there and done that, you understand.

Semper Fi
    Art

Yup, been there done that too. Never enough TP tho. BTW, I did like the lima beans. 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Yup, been there done that too. Never enough TP tho. BTW, I did like the lima beans. 8-)
    There sure were a few delicacies to remember. Ham and Lima beans was not one of my favorites. Ham and eggs " fart in a can" comes to mind along with the greasy two chicken ala crap and pork and potatos. When one is hungry enough you will eat pretty much anything. Come to think of it I was always hungry in Viet Nam. Ate like a horse and still lost 40 lbs.

Every once in awhile we would buy a bag of rice from the locals and in the process of cooking the rice we would throw in a few cans of c-rat chicken, along with some tp. It was a change and ended up being pretty good.

5. Default

[IMG][/IMG]
    Uncovered an old case of "C" Rats, dated in the early 1980s, in the barn the other day. As expected, most of the cans of meats and fruit are swollen on the ends, but the crackers and candy seemed to be OK. The Chiclets Chewing Gum is hard as a rock, petrified.

Seeing that picture makes me react. "Where did I put my Texas Pete?" Regards, Clark

Looks like 5 or 6 varieties in that case that I never saw in the 60's.

Sounds like your First Sgt had the key to the Conex.

Could be. I do remember one box that was all meals were the same, ham and eggs. There was a rumor that our C rats came through some Army supply system and were repacked ahead of time as punishment for us being Marines. Probably just a fake rumor, but made sense at the time. What about everyone's favorite ham and lima beans in juice?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post

Semper Fi
    Art
    The rifle looks great but if you really want to impress the heck out of me put that hay ladder back in business too.
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt