Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

My 1842 saw hard use, like so many Hall carbines. The other rare one in the collection is the 1840 elbow lever. Only 500 were produced before the fishtail lever came into use.

Quote Originally Posted by 03collector View Post
    I know the book is out of print. But im sure you can find it. Pete also wrote two great books in U.S. Flint Muskets. He spent 30 years doing research. Also must have books. Maybe i will post pics. of my Hall's. I have about 17 in the collection. My collection is mostly Springfields and Hall's
    That would be very cool to see those photos. Please share those pieces of history with us.

3. Default

I will post pictures after the holiday weekend. Heading out of town. We will be putting on a military display of W.W.I on Memorial Day.

I will post pictures after the holiday weekend. Heading out of town. We will be putting on a military display of W.W.I on Memorial Day.
    That's great look forward to seeing the photos. Have a save trip and sounds like a wonderful display. On Memorial Day I will be participating with my BSA Venture Crew wear blue wool doing a 3 piece artillery salute (mountain howitzers) in support of the local Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War who do a ceremony each year at a large GAR monument in a local cemetery.
    Last edited by cowtownscout; 05-25-2017 at 07:09.

Great post! Thanks, guys.

jn

6. Default

Great photos and info about the Hall rifles and carbines in the original posters' collection. If you are interested in seeing an original Hall rifle in action, check out the following link to a video taken of me shooting my M1819 Hall (converted percussion). My rifle is dated 1826.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jya1R4Tyvk

Used work around for the Photo Bucket ransom. Will be fixing other threads with photos.
    Scout

'cowtownscout' - Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection. It would be very informative to know more about the screw threads that Hall used: Pitch or TPI, thread profile, and screw diameters.

The Hall rifle was a truly revolutionary endeavor in gun manufacture. It was produced at two National Armories, requiring careful gauging and tolerances to achieve interchangeable parts.

It had a profound effect on future arms manufacture. It would be interesting and educational to know, if something basic like the screw threads Hall used, carried into later U.S. Arms manufacture?

Quote Originally Posted by steved66 View Post
    Great photos and info about the Hall rifles and carbines in the original posters' collection. If you are interested in seeing an original Hall rifle in action, check out the following link to a video taken of me shooting my M1819 Hall (converted percussion). My rifle is dated 1826.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jya1R4Tyvk
    Thanks for the video that was great!

Quote Originally Posted by butlersrangers View Post
    'cowtownscout' - Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection. It would be very informative to know more about the screw threads that Hall used: Pitch or TPI, thread profile, and screw diameters.

The Hall rifle was a truly revolutionary endeavor in gun manufacture. It was produced at two National Armories, requiring careful gauging and tolerances to achieve interchangeable parts.

It had a profound effect on future arms manufacture. It would be interesting and educational to know, if something basic like the screw threads Hall used, carried into later U.S. Arms manufacture?
    Yes the Hall set the stage for uniformity and interchangeability of parts within the firearm industry. Actually they were not made at both national armories they were only made at Harpers Ferry and not Springfield. At some point the government had some contract Halls made by North but they had their own model numbers and were slightly different.

- - - Updated - - -

03collector we sure would like to see photos of those Halls you told us about back in May.