Thread: Just for fun

Default Just for fun

IMG_0492.jpg

I wanted a Colt Frontier in 44-40 to go along with my Winchester 1873 because my great uncle had that combination dating from his cowboy days in Texas beginning around 1900. Never much of a fan of engraved pistolas, this (1896 1st Gen) was the only decent 44-40 I could find after a year's search. Although far more costly, it looks just like the cap gun I had as a kid. I wish I had that cap gun today, and I wish I had Uncle Sarkis' guns too.
    Chaz

Funny thing, Had a cap gun that looked just like that. Didn't use roll caps but had round sheets of caps with six -places on them that fit on the rear face of the cylinder.

I just love these cap guns...especially the one ones that produce clouds of white smoke. Top 1956 and bottom 1892, both Colt Frontier Six Shooters (44WCF). Rt side 1892 & 1956.jpg

[QUOTE=Chaz;497210]IMG_0492.jpg

I wanted a Colt Frontier in 44-40 to go along with my Winchester 1873 because my great uncle had that combination dating from his cowboy days in Texas beginning around 1900. Never much of a fan of engraved pistolas, this (1896 1st Gen) was the only decent 44-40 I could find after a year's search. Although far more costly, it looks just like the cap gun I had as a kid. I wish I had that cap gun today, and I wish I had Uncle Sarkis' guns too.
    Chaz[/QUOTE

that is one fine looking revolver.

Thanks. I think it's ordinary by some standards but it's what I could afford. I have no idea who did the engraving or when (except it's old work). A dealer offered me one that was stunning but I laughed it off when he said $33,000. I've never shot this one but someone has because the front sight has been filed. The 1892 is a blast to shoot with BP...but then I have to clean it.

6. Default

I have a 1883 mix master which I haven't shot yet. Nowhere near as nice as any of yours. Congrats.