Default Stevens 200 Trigger Assembly

I have a Stevens 200 bolt action rifle in .308 Win. This model appears to be an economical version of the Savage 110. It shoots very well,(better than me!), but the safety is awkward and sticky to engage/disengage. Does anyone know if the Savage Accutrigger, or one of the aftermarket triggers, like Timney will fit without too much modification? Thanks in advance for your ideas. Regards, Clark

I finally found a schematic of this rifle that I could read. It turns out that the previous owner attempted some trigger work. Two parts were omitted during re-assembly. No wonder the safety was awkward and sticky. New parts ordered. Regards, Clark

"...Two parts were omitted..." That'd do it. Make the thing unsafe too
    Like this? http://stevespages.com/pdf/stevens_200.pdf
    "...economical version of the Savage 110..." Yep. Uses a Timney 110 trigger. That trigger fits all Savage rifles made since 1977.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Good Morning, Sunray- Thanks for the manual and info. Missing parts are trigger spring and safety engagement screw. I have the correct parts on order. The trigger pull weight was indefinite, and the safety engagement went from blocked to slick. With the new parts installed, I expect to carefully examine the function. Thanks again, Regards, Clark

Stevens 200 new parts arrived yesterday. I cleaned trigger assembly, then installed the new parts and adjusted the safety to smooth engagement. Trigger is now crisp. Thanks for the helpful responses. Regards, Clark