Default M2 ball and match ammo value

Hi,
    I have some .30-06 ammo that I need to sell, but not sure of current value-what do you fellows think?

1) m2 ball in 8 rd clips with cardboard and bandoliers; 48 rds LC 52, 48 rds TC 54 and 3 bandoliers with a mix of fa 53-56, WCC 57 and LC 52.

2) LC 61 match in clips and cardboard and bsndoliers, 344 rounds.

Bandoliers probably not correct to lots as made.

No tarnish or corrosion.

Thanks,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bnrg View Post
    Hi,
    I have some .30-06 ammo that I need to sell, but not sure of current value-what do you fellows think?

1) m2 ball in 8 rd clips with cardboard and bandoliers; 48 rds LC 52, 48 rds TC 54 and 3 bandoliers with a mix of fa 53-56, WCC 57 and LC 52.

2) LC 61 match in clips and cardboard and bsndoliers, 344 rounds.

Bandoliers probably not correct to lots as made.

No tarnish or corrosion.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Can't help on match. About a month ago one of my friends bought two bandoliers of LC with 50 dates. He gave 50 cents per round and $5.00 for bandolier. Private sale and there were only 2 bandoliers total. Seemed like a decent deal and it had been stored in an ammo can. Good luck

Like M1 rifles the demand for M1 clipped ammo has fallen off a lot. People still asking prices from 4-5 years ago but its just not selling. M1 rifles are now asking over 1000 bucks, no one is paying it as far as I see at gun shows.
    You can never go home again.

"...at gun shows..." Usually because the M1's at shows are junkers. The demand for M1 Rifles in decent condition is huge.
    The issue with milsurp ball is the date corrosive primers use was ended. Affects the value of the ammo.
    Your's is ok. Issue is finding somebody who wants it. Not a lot of demand from shooters. Collectors maybe.
    A box of 1962 .30 M2 LC match ammo sold for $27 on one of the auction sites in 2015. I think somebody put it in clips and bandoliers. It didn't come that way out of the factory. So it has no collector value.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Unless their is another influx of good M1 Garands or Carbines the good ones are in collections. My IHC Gap letter which is all IHC punch marked LMR barrel is worth 2 to three times what I paid for it, and I turned down double just a couple months ago. There are still plenty of shooters such as me who likes the old LC ball ammo. I prefer to find it and look it over in person though. I really like the LC 69 but like a lot of stuff getting hard to find.

[QUOTE=Sunray;496858]"...at gun shows..." Usually because the M1's at shows are junkers.

Most MI's I see at gun shows are not "junkers". They may be mixed parts and certainly are not 'like new' but are decent rifles, as were most that came from CMP. I have yet to see one under 1000. Many tagged as 'restored to correct' are even more. I did not mean ammo (30-06) sales in general have fallen but said in M1 clips. You can say anything is worth anything but the proof is what it sells for. In my limited observation I think both the rifles and the clip sales have dropped off.
    I was at the Ohio Ant. collectors show this week end. Guy had a bunch of clips for sale, 1.00 ea or 4 for 5.00. Went by several times and he never sold any. Few years back they would have been gone. Sold my many hundreds of clips over severel years back for 50 cents and they were snapped up real quick! Just kept the SA ones.
    Last edited by dave; 05-24-2017 at 10:42.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    . . . . .Guy had a bunch of clips for sale, 1.00 ea or 4 for 5.00. . . . . . .
    HUH?? . . . .

I think I know why they didn't sell!!

That guy needs some math education!

Ok, not his fault, but mine. It was 5 for 4.00.