Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

being from the old side of this forum,I can see the difference in the people here,,all the Jarheads are going elsewhere I guess

There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet.

3. Default

Yes, I've been in touch with Seth. He's wanting to change a few things before opening back up, needs funds so, I contacted
    Seth and recieved a link to send what I could. It's a good site.
    Steve
    Last edited by S.B.; 05-13-2017 at 04:28.
    The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson

Gents:

I don't know about the particular forum the original poster asked about. It is true that traffic here on the Jouster/CSP site seems to have dropped off. Not sure just why. Maybe all of the big questions have been answered. Maybe Facebook has sucked people away. Maybe the guys thought to be the most expert and knowledgeable have drifted away having gotten tired of answering the routine questions or the occasional troll wars. Or maybe search engines have gotten so good that people can get most of their questions answered in 5 minutes of clicking around rather that waiting for other forum members to step up to answer.

However, I think that on some sites there remains very robust traffic. The 1911Forum.com does well, as does ColtForum.com and the smith-wessonforum.com is very busy. Gunboards.com has always done well and covers surplus military weapons like a blanket. The CMP.org site seems to me to be pretty active. US guns are covered at the USMilitaria.com site as well.

So, like everything in life there is ebb and flow. I still enjoy this site but don't visit as often as I once did. Lots of choices, too little time.

Regards,
    Charlie

5. Default

I talked to the original owner of the site I asked about and it's supposed to be back up first week in June which is now?
    Charlie, IMHO, the forums are now driven by younger, different people who's interests are certainly different than most that did frequent our beloved forums but, if things are allowed to change they die?
    Steve
    Last edited by S.B.; 06-03-2017 at 04:59.

6. Default

It's back up now. Owner told me changed servers.
    Steve

not surprise they closed shop, it was the most boring firearms forum ever.

8. Default

Sorry you feel this way, most enjoy it enough to support it. Like I said above it open again but, maybe you shouldn't go there?
    Steve

9. Default

Sorry you feel this way, most enjoy it enough to support it. Like I said above it open again but, maybe you shouldn't go there?
    http://surplusrifleforum.com/index.php
    Steve