1. Default "S" serial number series S&W Highway Patrolman

I've always wanted a 3.5" model 27, but they have gotten so dad gummed expensive, I glommed this 4" model 28 instead.

Because of California's crazy handgun laws, pre-lock revolvers must be C&R or an in-state private party purchase to be available in Cali. This one is a C&R.

The finish looks decent, grips seem solid and it should be a good shooter.

...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

Texas native exiled to Oz for past indescretions to numerous to mention.

Very nice score, that one probably would have followed me home too. If the number stamped on the grips matches the serial number of the revolver, even better.

If you post a serial number (even with the last couple-three numbers x-ed out) somebody here can give you a year of manufacture. For $75 bucks Roy Jenks will write you a nice historical letter giving a brief history of the model and actual shipping data for that revolver.

All the above under the presumption that you weren't aware of all that, which you probably are.
    "There it is"
    LOAD AND BE READY!

3. Default

Thanks, Andy!

This is a 1965 model. I'm thinking about a letter on this one.

Re: OP. That is a very nice Model 28! Agree, the 3.5 inch Model 27 is about ideal for length. But, I have a 4 inch 28 that day in and day out day out gives me excellent results on the range and in the woods/fields. And, from time to time it does CC duty when I can wear a coat. Now! Grab yourself some ammo and head for the range! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Re: OP. That is a very nice Model 28! Agree, the 3.5 inch Model 27 is about ideal for length. But, I have a 4 inch 28 that day in and day out day out gives me excellent results on the range and in the woods/fields. And, from time to time it does CC duty when I can wear a coat. Now! Grab yourself some ammo and head for the range! Sincerely. bruce.
    Thanks, Bruce.

I'll get out to the range soon and post the results.