Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Correct.
    Chris

Gents,

I've got an update and a continuing problem. I ordered another extractor from Numrich http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/358050.htm but it doesn't fit. It will not seat fully, to the point the cylinder will not close and it fits so tightly in the cylinder shaft it barely will move to extract. In a previous post, I indicated I had a two pin extractor but I was mistaken...mine is single as is the replacement I ordered. A surprise to me is that the original extractor is serialized to the pistol. I always believed that was a non serialized component. So where do I go now? Do the Victory models have different specs than the SMITH & WESSON | BRITISH, K-38 OUTDOORSMAN, MILITARY & POLICE? Or should I just return the extractor in the hope I just got a bum piece or look for a take off from a known Victory?

TIA,
    VG

I think you need to narrow down the extractor type better. It had to be for the early type like the Victory. The one for a .38 SPL will not work with the .38 S&W ones as there is a difference in the rims of the two cases. But something else is wrong in that it is causing this binding to happen. Take the restraining screw out. Then move the yoke back and forth and if it moves then look at the screw to be sure you have the correct screw in the correct location. Put the screw back in. The correct screw will fill the slot in the yoke properly the wrong one will allow the cylinder to move and bind as it's not in the slot correctly. The screws for the side plate and the yoke all look the same but they are not. The longest screw should be for the yoke. This is just one possible cause.
    Last edited by Tuna; 07-04-2017 at 07:59.