Default Stevens 520-30 butt stock ?

Is your Stevens 520-30 butt stock sling swivel mount area recessed like this, or just sitting on top of cut down section?
    Picture: https://i.imgur.com/maMqkPA.jpg

thanks for any replies --- Kent

The one in your picture is correct factory inletting. The sling swivel mounting plate is recessed flush with the wood.

anyone have the measurements for the cut? End of stock to start of scallop? Scallop length? Depth of scallop? Thanks.

I have an original n.o.s. one I picked up at a show for cheap, due to worm holes. Give me a couple days to dig it out and get the measurements. I bought it to use as a pattern.
    Also, I found some swivels, Thompson (I think) to be the closest looking to the originals by looking at pictures. They fit the cut out perfectly and the screw holes line up exactly.
    Kent

Good grief, I just realized I started this thread, (stressful week at work)
    That is my picture of the stock --- duh.
    Kent

6. Default

Slightly related topic - does anyone have or know where I could find a smooth finished forearm for a 520-30? Mine is checkered. The color is perfect, and it may be original, but it's a late gun and that seems unlikely.

I drew a blueprint, side and top view.
    My picture host is messed up. Can someone post it? I can email or text it to you, if you would be so kind to help out.
    Kent

I can’t post pics but definatley interested in the blueprint. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
    Last edited by mp_tx; 12-31-2017 at 12:52.

MP TX,
    I'm going to post this in two messages. Text me :
    Nine 0 three

Kent

- - - Updated - - -

Seven 2 zero 7 one 9 two

I'm up in North East Texas

Kent

Up dated my I-phone picture storage.
    Here is my blueprint ;

https://imgur.com/a/INnaZ

Kent