Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    I thought for a while that you might be John Kepler writing under a new handle but your syntax is different (and more tortured) than his. You are an admirable replacement though.

I did read your article. I just don't necessarily accept your reverse engineered conclusion. Your point that Kalishnikov had no significant design experience prior to the design of the AK weapon is wrong.

You are one of the sharper knives in the drawer, though often an insufferable one.
    Ignoring earlier developments:

Generation 1: MP44.
    Generation 2: Großfuß Sturmgewehr, Gustloff-Werke Sturmgewehr, Mauser StG 45(M).
    Generation 3: AK-47.
    Nowhere did I claim it was a reversed engineered anything. People who like to point at Schmeisser, who I clearly eliminated, are the ones that treat the AK as an "updated MP44." Didn't do that. It isn't. It's generation 3.

I'll cover that and the information on the generation 2 guns in the rewrite as it's significant.

I didn't do my normal level of research but that doesn't mean I didn't do any.

Texas native exiled to Oz for past indescretions to numerous to mention.

I for one am looking forward to the rewrite, but didn't fine the original especially hard to follow. Or or the premise especially hard to swallow.
    "There it is"
    LOAD AND BE READY!