Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Texas native exiled to Oz for past indescretions to numerous to mention.

I'm a big fan of these and have several. They ain't cheap but they're durable and in my experience return to zero every time. Also easy to mount a scope in them without twisting if you follow the directions. They also make one that's cantilevered out a bit farther and would be the one to use if you do a lot of prone shooting.

http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-...ount-qd-lt-104

The 1.5" height from top of rail to center of scope should provide you with a clue about what ring height to use if you prefer something a bit more conventional or cheaper.
    "There it is"
    LOAD AND BE READY!

Quote Originally Posted by Litt'le Lee View Post
    What's with this METRIC stuff--America first !!!....I know TWO metrics-7.62 and 5.56 and the 7.62 is BS because 7.62
    nato is 308 and elsewhere it's 310
    Two reasons :
    1) Most of the manufacturers use MM in their specs , so I was making it easier for him to look .
    2) Because I'm a math and science whiz ( spelling ...not so much ) . The metric system is far easier to do complicated figures in your head . I've taken up long range shooting and Mrad / meters is much faster than MOA / yards .
    Most people get all fouled up with metric by trying to convert it . If you get used to metric without trying to convert it , it's far easier .
    I always try for the easy way out , all other factors being equal .
    Chris

EASY FOR YOU TO SAY !!!--what are you,a community organizer ?? I'm a Goverment contractor retired and worked on
    20 different places and not once did I hear mm

Quote Originally Posted by Litt'le Lee View Post
    EASY FOR YOU TO SAY !!!--what are you,a community organizer ?? I'm a Goverment contractor retired and worked on
    20 different places and not once did I hear mm
    You've led a very sheltered life . I started in the automotive / truck business in 1971 . I was around for the great change from fractions to mm . It drove most people nuts because they wanted to convert the " new " metric into the old system to the Nth decimal place . Not needed . I know a liter is a bit more than a quart , so a gallon is a bit less than 4 liters . Good enough for life . People tend to need to know it's 3.78541178 liters to the gallon . But yet , if I put a tub by the gas pump , and told them to pump in 3.78541178 gallons , how close do you think they would get ( no dials , just by eye ) ?
    I always felt that if they had picked a model year and just made everything metric ( rather than half and half ) from then forward , it would have stopped 90% of the problems . Maybe even put a big raised "M" on metric bolt heads to remind everyone .
    Chris

BLAH-BLAH BLAH-if you consider 6 yrs USMC and 22 yrs ma-bell and 20 yrs GOVERMNENT contractor-your'e Left