Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    The rear sight has been refinished to WWII specs. Don't know if that makes a difference or not to you.
    Rick knows what he is talking about!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post

The bolt could be a double heat treated one with a stamping of WL and 3 on top of the bolt handle.

Go to this site below and click on it. It's the only place you can find this information.

http://www.vishooter.net/m1903.html

The bolt has the WL and the 3 it also has a slight curve or bend to it is it supposed to be that way?

Yep!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

4. Default

I would be only too happy to let you know where and when I locate each needed part of your Krag for you to correctly put it back into configuration of what the 26th received in 1899. They will be found on eBay or Gunbroker or S&S Firearms or J.D.Christopher's
    Also, you will not need to pay me a dime for anything I find in the box and forward to you on that rifle. Thanks for offering though.

That help would be fantastic! I cant thank you enough

5. Default

Rick knows what he is talking about!

Thanks Rick, I guess since I don't know if that makes a difference it doesn't?

I guess I should ask....... would you put that sight on that gun?
    Last edited by Discus420; 04-25-2017 at 05:16.

Sight? I thought you were asking about the bolt!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    The rear sight has been refinished to WWII specs. Don't know if that makes a difference or not to you.
    I was asking about the sight if is it correct for that gun. The finish looks very black not like the rest of the gun is that what you mean by WW2 finish??
    Last edited by Discus420; 04-26-2017 at 05:18.

8. Default

I think I found a stock that would be proper for the 1922 Springfield can you please tell me if I am mistaken??

3.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l16020.jpgs-l16300.jpgs-l122600.jpg
    Last edited by Discus420; 04-26-2017 at 01:47.

You are mistaken.
    If you look at the photos of my 1920 NM rifle that I had referenced in an earlier post as having a similar type of stock and hand guard, you will notice that the stock on my rifle has Grasping Grooves.
    You can put anything on it that you'd like of course.
    Last edited by Fred; 04-26-2017 at 03:34.