Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    You are mistaken.
    If you look at the photos of my 1920 NM rifle that I had referenced in an earlier post as having a similar type of stock and hand guard, you will notice that the stock on my rifle has Grasping Grooves.
    You can put anything on it that you'd like of course.
    I don't want to buy the wrong one and I appreciate your advice. I looked at your 1920 NM its amazing... The stock is going to be hard for a newbee to pick out I need to do more research I have been reading everything I can find . I thought that stock was correct and you could have it with or without the Grooves in 1922. There is a lot of misinformation on the internet also. Thanks for saving me from getting the wrong one.

I found this one I think is correct for the 1943 Remington please let me know lets see if I can get one out of two its a little beat up and its gonna be about 200$

What is the going rate for a stock and handguard is 200$ about right?

s-l1u600.jpgs-l160uu0.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l16003.jpgs-l16020.jpg
    Last edited by Discus420; 04-26-2017 at 04:48.

I don't know a thing about 1903-A3's. There are a lot of guys on here who do though including John Beard and Rick Slater (Rick the Librarian). Any of them could help you more than I could. You should post a question on the 1903 Forum in a new thread asking specifically when stocks started coming out Without grasping grooves. That should get you some answers.
    Last edited by Fred; 04-26-2017 at 07:28.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I don't know a thing about 1903-A3's. There are a lot of guys on here who do though including John Beard and Rick Slater (Rick the Librarian). Any of them could help you more than I could. You should post a question on the 1903 Forum in a new thread asking specifically when stocks started coming out Without grasping grooves. That should get you some answers.
    I got my answer its the wrong stock. I understand Fred thanks. I was just commenting on the mis information available on the web, that's why guys like you, John, and Rick and so on are so important to the hobby its what keeps it going...

And your right I cant do this project correctly without help there is no way I will get it straight.

I have purchased some books from amazon Ill be back after I read them!!!
    Last edited by Discus420; 04-27-2017 at 10:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Discus420 View Post
    How about if I send a photo now! because I already need some help. Can someone explain what I need to get as far as rear sights please? I am going to restore both they both have great barrels and I figure two is gotta be better than one when it comes to any gun....

3470345 Remington 1943 barrel is a 2/43 and 1253181 (1923) S.A barrel is 12/22

Attachment 40613
    While I am Brand new to this site and don't know exactly how it works, I have an A3 rear sight that I got from my uncle that he pulled from an A3 he Sporterized, if you are still in need of the rear sight for your A3 it is yours for the asking. If so let me know and we can exchange a mailing address.
    If you no not where you are going, any Road will get you there!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2A-Jay View Post
    While I am Brand new to this site and don't know exactly how it works, I have an A3 rear sight that I got from my uncle that he pulled from an A3 he Sporterized, if you are still in need of the rear sight for your A3 it is yours for the asking. If so let me know and we can exchange a mailing address.
    Well thanks for the offer 2A-Jay I sold the action a while back on this site but I do appreciate your generosity !! The fellow that got the action might like it!! he fixes up 03's and donates them to the American Legion and volunteers his time doing the upkeep on the guns they use at Funerals and parades and the like his name on this site is Ed Byrns a real stand up guy
    you can send him a PM if you care to
    Last edited by Discus420; 06-12-2017 at 03:31.