Default Winchester 1200 riot gun

Does any one have any pictures of a real
    1200 Riot gun. There is plenty of information
    On the Trench gun, however I would like to
    have information on a proper riot shotgun.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. Default

Harold, there are plenty of civilian Model 1200 riot guns. Do a Google image search and a bunch of photos will come up. But a US Military Model 1200 riot? I'm not sure there is evidence that the Govt' procured any.

3. Default

There were plenty of 1200's produced with the heatshield and adapter attached and you often see pictures of them being used in combat with the assembly removed. They also turn up for sale as surplus PD guns, again with the assembly removed as it was cumbersome when entering and exiting a vehicle. As stated in the above post I don't think the military procured any in strictly riot configuration.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

4. Default

I have a pair of Texas Army National Guard Winchester M1200 they are plain commercial riot guns nothing special no markings other than the factory markings but they do have a metal inventory tag on the bottom of the pistol grip on the stock pick them up many years ago with a Texas guard Remington 870

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I have a pair of Texas Army National Guard Winchester M1200 they are plain commercial riot guns nothing special no markings other than the factory markings but they do have a metal inventory tag on the bottom of the pistol grip on the stock pick them up many years ago with a Texas guard Remington 870
    JJM, do they have short or long mag tubes? And are the buttplates rubber padded or plain?

6. Default

Rubber padded butt plate and standard length mag tube just a 1960's vintage Winchester commercial 1200 riot gun the only thing different is the metal inventory tag on the pistol grip I'll try to send you some photos of them. they were available about 15 or 20 years ago

IMG_5414.jpgIMG_5415.jpgIMG_5416.jpgIMG_5413.jpg
    Is this anything like yours JJM ?
    Last edited by harold; 04-25-2017 at 05:17.

8. Default

No mine are standard commercial grade riot guns with blued finish and checkered butt stock and fore end with a rubber recoil pad and bright bolt

IMG_5406.jpgIMG_5410.jpgIMG_5409.jpg

Some 1200 Riot and Trench barrels
    Two are US cyl marked and Two are 18" and 20"
    Riot marked . All are factory parkerized.
    I have know idea if there military or police type.
    I have just posted them for your viewing pleasure.