Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Still looking for the box in the garage. I saw it 8 years ago in the house but I'm sure it's in the garage somewhere along the wall under other stuff. There's a box of 5,000 rounds of .22 long rifle ammo too that's in there somewhere, but I can't find it. I paid $87.00 for it long time back when it was cheap. Sure wish I could find it too.
    I'll find the SRS material on the 26th yet.

You should go onto eBay now and do searches for Krag barrel, Krag front band, Krag stock and Krag 1896 Hand guard (there's not an 1896 at this time). The stock is a correct type for your rifle but of course it has a cartouche with a later date than yours would have. However, since you won't be trying to pass your rifle off as having all original parts, that stock would be just fine to complete the rifle for historical accuracy.

Rifle number 171849 was in chest #7120 of that shipment.
    Still looking for 171840,just couldn't spot it.
    Respectfully
    Ed Byrns

Fred sounds like me. I "put stuff" where I can find it.

Then I can't.

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Ever say to yourself - "you know, you really shouldn't put that there" (but then you do anyway)?

For me the worst part of getting old is putting something down - in an admittedly cluttered garage, or desk, and then - literally 5 seconds later not having a CLUE as to where you laid it.

6. Default

That is me too!!!! I know I put it down.........but where

That's Why I don't like to tuck away things in drawers or boxes because I WILL forget where they are. I tend to leave my stuff and tools on top of my work benches and computer desk. Now and then I will get a paper grocery sack and sweep the stuff off into the bag to keep it under control. Then as I need something, I'll start going through the bags and dumping them out to look for it. some of it gets into the bag but the neat stuff I've located again stays out so I can mess around with it or just in case I'll be needing it again soon.. or so I think.

By the way, I've looked for the material on the Krags and I cannot find any of it out in the Garage. Sorry.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Ever say to yourself - "you know, you really shouldn't put that there" (but then you do anyway)?

For me the worst part of getting old is putting something down - in an admittedly cluttered garage, or desk, and then - literally 5 seconds later not having a CLUE as to where you laid it.
    and then I find it in my left hand....... oh yea that's where I put it for safe keeping

But think of the excitement when you find it again. Sometimes I even have forgotten I had the item. My sons want me to start labeling everything. They know I have "good" stuff, but what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by sdkrag View Post
    . . . . . . They know I have "good" stuff, but what is it?
    Yup . . . I can relate . . . . .

I have made quite a few tools over the years, that I've used in the repair of my firearms . . . that are UNRECOGNIZEABLE as such!

Anyone but me looking at them, would never think they were tools!