Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NM 03's

Default NM 03's

Is there a serial number list on NM rifles available?, someone here a week or so ago said their suspected NM checked with serial number list, or something to that affect. I have an A1 I would like to check out, it does have the drawing number on the stock but looks to be a standard issue rifle, which I understand many NM were used for, after war started.
    You can never go home again.

27 views and nobody knows nothing?

Why don't you post the serial number and someone might just check it for you........
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Blog Entries

I know of no list of NM 1903 rifles. Springfield Research Books has a list but NM rifles are included in with NRA Sporters, 1903 Issue rifles and some others. As John Cook said, post the complete serial number and one of us who have purchased the SRS books will surely look it up for you. Many 1903 NM rifles are not on the list but many are.
    Last edited by Herschel; 04-13-2017 at 04:57.

1,509,816, SA 3-37 P barrel, barrel stamped C 1612 3" forward of rear sight (star gauge number?) and muzzle star gauge stamp. Stock stamped drawing number 9816 and handguard stamped D 28179 drawing number. DAL inspection stamp on stock. Thank you for any info. I know back in 1995 it was not listed in SRS books or internet list, maybe added since?
    I would be interested on any opinions you collectors may have even if not listed. While I own 4 '03's and a couple sporters made on them, I am really a Mauser collector. The bolt is a NS, parked, no serial etched on it. Thank you.
    Last edited by dave; 04-14-2017 at 10:19.

Probably would help to post pics.

No match in my SRS records. Where is the "9816" stamped on the stock and about how big are the letters?
    Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 04-14-2017 at 12:00.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

"9816" are the last 4 digits of the serial number.
    "C1612" is a good number(star gauge card #) for late 1936 thru early 1937.
    A good number in that serial number group went to Government Departments.
    The cut off stamps are probably "7" and a "W".
    Respectfully submitted
    Ed Byrns

or it could be 9186, depending how you hold it, muzzle to the right it is the serial, (not a drawing number either way). The number is located on the butt stock in back of grip. About 2/16" tall letters. I have not looked at the rifle, just going by my notes. No notch at top of sight and no R (Rem. on back). Rifle shows sign of refinish, no cut off stamps, serial number depth uneven, stock number barley readable.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    or it could be 9186, depending how you hold it, muzzle to the right it is the serial, (not a drawing number either way). The number is located on the butt stock in back of grip. About 2/16" tall letters. I have not looked at the rifle, just going by my notes. No notch at top of sight and no R (Rem. on back). Rifle shows sign of refinish, no cut off stamps, serial number depth uneven, stock number barley readable.
    The stock drawing number should be D 1836, and it should be stamped in the location you describe along with the serial number.

J.B.