Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 1938 03a1? National Match?

20170130101224-9107.jpg20170130101226-2036.jpgIMG_1631.jpgIMG_1632.jpgIMG_1633.jpgI just got this paid 1400$ . It has no stock markings that I can find maybe something unrecognizable on the pistol grip. It in beautiful shape excellent bore. The owner claimed that all the non military guns made in 1938 were National Match but this was not in he Camp Perry matches. I will post pics of the book he showed me his rational was there were 1635 non military guns made that year 1605 were national match 29 NRA sporter and 1 trophy. This is not a trophy or a sporter so it must be a national match. It has no star gauge no serial numbers anywhere and it doesn't have the notch at the top of the sight range. Its not in the SRS database. Can someone please help me understand what is it and what is the approximate value??
    Last edited by Discus420; 04-07-2017 at 02:59.

2. Default

Could have been built as a M1903A1 military rifle. They are very scarce as I don't think I have ever seen one. The proof P is in the correct place, and the cartouche ( SA/SPG ) could have been sanded off.

Beautiful rifle! Anyone would be proud to own it! Thanks for the pictures. Just wonderful! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

4. Default

I believe that it is an assembled rifle because;
    1. The cocking piece is 03A3
    2. The Bolt Sleeve is Smith-Corona
    3. The butt plate has the fine checkering like pre-WWI ; not the coarse checkering of the NM. I bought a couple of thee in the 1960's for $5.00 each
    4. The parkerising looks to be like that gray that that is common to parts that I ordered through the DCM in the 1960's -particularly the trigger guard.
    FWIW

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cosine26 View Post
    I believe that it is an assembled rifle because;
    1. The cocking piece is 03A3
    2. The Bolt Sleeve is Smith-Corona
    3. The butt plate has the fine checkering like pre-WWI ; not the coarse checkering of the NM. I bought a couple of thee in the 1960's for $5.00 each
    4. The parkerising looks to be like that gray that that is common to parts that I ordered through the DCM in the 1960's -particularly the trigger guard.
    FWIW
    OK thanks everyone

Stock actually looks like a new Minelli