1. Default Winchester Model 97 trench gun value.

Hi, my uncle recently showed me his personal collection, ofcourse I had to ask what was for sale. He pulled out a Model 97 and I was very intrigued. He says its a takedown model with a missing heat shield. Looking into the serial number I believe it was made in 1949 and it has quite a few stamps that appear to be military. The buttstock plate is checkered steel. If anyone has information on a value for private collection or any information on the gun would be great, thanks.

I dont know why some pictures are huge and some are tiny, ive edited this post too many times. Sorry
    Last edited by Steve90j; 04-02-2017 at 06:19.

2. Default

It's actually a WW2 Military contract trench gun made in 1943. It's one of the last ones made during the War. Besides the martial markings depicted in your photos, the side of the buttstock should be marked with a GHD cartouche and the Ordnance crossed cannons mark.

Can you post a photo of the buttplate? When the hard rubber buttplate on these broke, they were often replaced with a Winchester checkered metal buttplate.

Is there a filled in front bead sight hole on the barrel?

3. Default

I did discover that it was manufactured in August 1943 from another forum. The bead site is still there, no cartouche, we attempted take off the bayonut lug to breakdown the gun but it was stuck on way too hard.

Last edited by Steve90j; 04-05-2017 at 07:14.

4. Default

Needs an adapter and a stock and the mag tube is wrong.
    Personally I would not pay $500 for a project gun because it would cost a small fortune to make it right.
    But that's just me, some people don't care.