Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Unissed M1917 stock

I was given this stock several years ago by a friend. It is a Remington and looks as if it has never been on a rifle. Here are the marks. I see no proof marks. I was wondering what it might be worth? I have another friend who is interested in it for a project.

Thanks

The 330 Eagle head is the "proof mark". It just means the stock was accepted by Remington. There was no "firing proof P" during WW1.

3. Default

This stock has no dings or anything. Does anyone know what it might be worth?

I would say north of $ 200.....regards...alex

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk2 View Post
    I would say north of $ 200.....regards...alex
    Its likely to go quite a bit higher than that.

I would guess $350

I saw a cleaned up (white paint aka show piece Honor Guard) on Ebay for over $275.

6. Default

Those are "surplus" stocks.
    I believe they were made for replacement and not used.
    Gun Parts sold them. I bought 3 or 4 of them years back.
    Very nice stuff!

7. Default

Nice Remington stock....They were available years ago but have dried up. Gun parts had stock and a ton of handguards.. I squirreled away 5 complete sets. I would say the stock would be worth $300 or so especially to a guy restoring a Rem 1917.

They will also fit Pattern 14 Enfields, my P14 is wearing a M1917 stock.

The eagle head stamp shown was an acceptance mark rather than a proof mark. The proof mark was added to the wood after the rifle had been proof fired.

This shows the circle P proof mark on a Model 1917 stock.

10. Default

I bought a '17 from a gun store in the late '80s for $150. It was in a cardboard drum. I think they came from Canada. It had a stock like yours on it. Not sanded or finished. I was able to sand and finish with BLO and it looks great.
    Fred Pillot
    Captain
    San Jose Zouaves