Thread: why is it

Default why is it

That I can buy and store up to 50 lbs. of BP for myself with no problem, yet if I want to sell I have all kinds of gov.com regulations on storage and licensing?
    Sam

You've got 50 pounds of BP? I hope it's not in the house!

jn

Sam, as a retailer you would need to buy in bulk to profit at retail. Just as a service to your customers. Several 25# cases to say the least. Retailers typically have a "powder room" safely away from public access. When I buy BP, I have to wait for someone to go and fetch it. Smokeless on the other hand is readily available on the shelf, but for some reason they also store APP along with the BP. go figure...
    Bottom line is they want regulation and to collect fees. Retailers are the easiest target. They can simply pass the costs on to the individual buyer. In your case as a commercial reloader there are more chances of having a mishap, hence the strict regs.
    Back when the reloading room at the range exploded in the late 80's (Buffalo Rock in Ottawa IL) it took lives along with the entire building. More recently when a local room went up, the baffled ceilings and double walls, combined with sealed storage, contained the incident to a fire in the aftermath.

An individual can easily need at least 50# in different granulations, all of which make up that 50#. For instance I know of a reenactor who not only shoots flintlocks and CW rifles and pistols, (2 f thru 4f) but also co-owns an artillery piece. 50# isn't really enough for him.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
    You've got 50 pounds of BP? I hope it's not in the house!

jn
    Haven't bought a thing yet, trying to get all my info first before I DO ANYTHING. I want to be 101% legal and dot all my P's and Q's. One thing I learned @ the clinic was to document everything, no shortcuts and follow ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS.
    Sam

Sam, I believe you want to dot your I's and mind your P's and Q's, also not forgetting to cross your T's!!

Just trying to keep you in line, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Sam, I believe you want to dot your I's and mind your P's and Q's, also not forgetting to cross your T's!!

Just trying to keep you in line, buddy.
    Absotively Posilutely!
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

With all the radiation and chemical's in me I can only cross my legs and hope I make it to the bathroom on time. In radiation you don't feel anything until later and baby wipe are your friend. Whatever I did, I AIN'T GOING TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sam