Default Anyone know the YOB for a MK I 1188943 SRS?

Checking on this MK I and wondered if it's possible it might be listed. The barrel is HS 11 44.
    It's not a bad looking rifle. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duke133 View Post
    Checking on this MK I and wondered if it's possible it might be listed. The barrel is HS 11 44.
    It's not a bad looking rifle. Thanks.
    No luck not listed, sorrry

I'm thinking 1920. Ours has a barrel dated 1919, and it a lower serial number. My nephew has it, so I can't tell you any further info. However this website says 1920: http://www.bowersweapons.com/US%20MO...R%20RANGES.htm

I purchased Mark I (1047361)(1918) barreled receiver and it has a pitted 2-19 barrel. I purchased a LN Springfield drill rifle (318832)(1907) and it has a excellent RIA 1-19 barrel. The Mark I was purchased to reuse the RIA barrel and other parts from the drill rifle. The drill rifle is complete with no welding. I have had both 1903s for a long time but the project was never started.

Probably early 1920.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Thanks all for your replies. The rifle is in great shape considering the age and the barrel, '44, shows no pitting at all. This was an '06 CMP rifle FYI.
    Last edited by duke133; 04-01-2017 at 05:37.

Thanks Rebound.

If your goal is to restore your receiver into a compete Mark I rifle, then the other Mark I parts your rifle you'll need are still possible to find. The Spindle parts have been on eBay in the past as well as the trigger and toggle and sear.
    as long as your rifle is going to be an admitted restoration, you could just Properly notch out the stock below the ejector port. Otherwise you'll probably have to buy another rifle for its Mark I stock. No sense in going to that expense for your rifle.

Those HS barrels are good. I leave it as it is, and shoot it.

I'm going to leave well enough alone. Just had an inclining to buy one back in '06 when CMP still had them. Thought, if it could be traced, I'd include that info in the files for the kids.