Default Other "bent and straightened" barrels besides Sedgely?

I had a gent on the M1903 Facebook page say that Springfield and High Standard barrels were also bent and "restraightened" after WWII, as well as Sedgely. Anyone heard of that?
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

The only ones I had ever heard of were the Sedgely barrels.

3. Default

He may be confused by the manufacturing process for the barrels, as almost all barrels are straightened at some point, including all the old 1903 barrels. Anyone who thinks new barrels don't need straightening have never turned/tapered a barrel.
    Last edited by Marine A5 Sniper Rifle; 04-03-2017 at 12:50.

When you pull a rod with a tight patch, you can feel the bend. I was told not to shoot one that had been repaired.
    Sam

Some outfit on the West coast bought Several thousand new 1903 Springfield , 1917 Enfield barrels that came from the Marine Corps, All bent in the middle nicely to horribly-- You can look down the striagtened barrels and see a shadow about 1/2 way down, also the patch trick will work also- I have seen some that were re- parkerized after straightening, the draw filed the barrel in the to hide the marks on the barrel and when they straightened them, I have shot a few and no problems, so I don't know the verdict !