Default Krag complete actionvalue

What would be the value of a complete, near mint, Model 1898 Krag action on today's market?

Hard to say, a collector would need the rest of the parts, and gunsmiths don't use them for single-shot wildcats anymore. Perhaps $150/$200, but likely a sloooow mover.

I love Krags, but, I would have to say the price of a good paper weight. Unless you need one to replace a damaged action completing a rifle will cost more than buying a compete rifle.

I bought a cut down 1896 last summer for $200. It has a 1892 bolt. Otherwise I paid too much.

5. Default

I recently bought a nice complete '98 Krag action with a cigar box full of extra parts at an estate auction and paid $25 for all of it. Evidently I was the only one in the room who wanted it. Sold it on line for $150, and kept the parts.

Roy Bedeaux charged me $150 for the action when he built me that custom Krag with the tapered octagon barrel. It was nowhere near mint, but it was sound.

jn

A Krag receiver $75.00
    "Three people can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead" Mark Twain

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1mark View Post
    A Krag receiver $75.00
    $40 from Sarco.

I would say that a complete rifle ready to drop into a stock and shoot is worth $250.00.
    "A man with a tractor and a chain saw has no excuses, nor does he need any"
    Me. "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" Emerson "Consistency is the darling of those that stack wood or cast bullets" Me.