1. Default SMLE Mark III stripper problems

Repro stripper clips hold ammo much too tight. Any quick fixes?

Polishing the inside is something that I have heard the British did. I have no reproduction chargers, but I find my originals work rather better after they have been used a few times. One more thing I do is put a small amount of a lube that will not kill primers inside the charger, and work cartridges through a few times (I'm sure a British NCO would be apoplectic if a soldier did this).

The British arranged cartridges in their chargers, usually in one particular fashion referred to as "three down and two up". The only exception to this I have found is several small cases of Greenwood and Batley .303 ammo made just before WWII, where each of the cartridges were arranged in sequence.

Yep what NuJudge said. I polish the inside of mine lightly with 0000 wool and use a q tip to place just a little wax where the rim rides. You can google the stacking method and get some good pictures. This was to prevent rim lock since the 303 was a rimmed case. The 303 chargers are one of the more temperamental versions of all my mil surps. Probably because there is more contact area hence more friction to overcome.

Try spreading the lips/wings a tick. Probably less fuss to just buy some proper issue chargers though. Not cheap at $2.45 each from Gunparts. 10 plus gets you a lower price though.
    Lube isn't going to kill the primer but it can cause excessive pressure in the chamber that'd possibly cause a trauma.
    'Apoplectic' is pretty much the standard condition of NCO's everywhere. I could make moustache twirls spin just by showing up and marching. snicker.
    Spelling and grammar count!