Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for Berdan Primers

I'm gearing up for this year's Match season, and I found that the small supply of primers I have for my GP-11 brass is about to run out, so I'm looking for some KV762N Berdan primers. I've checked just about every place online that I can think of, and no one carries them anymore. I called Tul-Ammo, but they don't expect to start importing them again until next year. Does anyone know of a place I can order some?

Or, does anyone have some that they would like to sell? Please PM me

Thanks very much in advance.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Berdan primed brass really isn't worth the extra effort. There's lot of Boxer primed 7.5 x 55 around. Midway wants $29.99 per 50 for Prvi brass. Or you can go nuts at Graf's and pay $37.99 per 25 for Norma brass. Graf's does do discounts for volume.
    However, go here and ask.
    https://tulammousa.com/contact.html
    Spelling and grammar count!

I looked into buying some brass, and I may still go that route, but I have around 500 GP-11 cases, and it's really great brass too. If I can't get the primers, I'm going PRVI brass. No way I'll go Norma though. They are working their way right out of the market with their prices! I did already visit the Tul-Ammo site and called their Customer Service number. As I said, they told me no more Berdan until next year.

I would still like to get some though if anyone has extra they would be willing to part with...
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Trying to remember who bought out the Old Western Scrounger, that guy had a line of Berdan and reasonable.
    Sam

I have loaded thousands of rnds of berdan DAG. It is some of the best brass there is as far as concentricity and weight consistency. Sure hope we start importing primers next year before I run out too.

PM sent.

Berdan primers are worth the effort. I have hydraulic decapping equipment for the 7.5x55 and 8x57, and the results have been uniformly excellent. The Swiss 7.5x55 brass is absolutely spectacular.

Berdan reloading requires one or two more steps, and a little more effort.
    Last edited by NuJudge; 03-25-2017 at 05:35.

Once you get used to the RCBS berdan decapping tool it is very easy to use. Getting the pin's depth is the hard part.

I use the Hydraulic method and it works swimmingly. A tad messy at first until you get the hang of it, and definitely not as fast as Boxer decapping with a decapper die, but works just fine and dandy!

Distributors and dealers who handle RWS ammo can get Berdan primers.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Howard View Post
    Distributors and dealers who handle RWS ammo can get Berdan primers.
    Thanks, good info.
    Art