Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ww2eyes View Post
    ahh very good choice, i got one of those too.
    once I started using the leatherman tool, I stopped carrying a pocket knife.

Quote Originally Posted by free1954 View Post
    once I started using the leatherman tool, I stopped carrying a pocket knife.
    Opposite for me. Once I started carrying a Swiss I gave my Leatherman (first model) a rest. While working a gun show with my eldest a few months ago, he was looking to buy a Leatherman. I gave him mine and he loves it. I guess it depends on the duties we require our knives to do.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Opposite for me. Once I started carrying a Swiss I gave my Leatherman (first model) a rest. While working a gun show with my eldest a few months ago, he was looking to buy a Leatherman. I gave him mine and he loves it. I guess it depends on the duties we require our knives to do.

to each his own
    by the way leatherman has a great warranty service. I abused my first one so bad, snapped off blades, twisted screwdrivers etc, that when I sent it back my friends laughed that they would never honor the warranty. but 9 days later I received a brand new one.

Really? The one I handed down was in fine shape but for a nick in the wire cutter. Never bothered to return it since I felt I was the one who abused it snipping the head off a trim nail. (too lazy to walk back to the toolbox)
    I don't suppose they would still have a early 1980's model just lying around. I just looked at the web site and they say they retired it in 2004. Well outside their 25 year limit.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashooter View Post
    I carry a leatherman multi tool.
    Mine is a 20+y.o. Gerber in a custom leather pouch, the factory pouches give out.
    Sam

6. Default

I bought the leatherman surge tool for my grandsons forchristmas .a really nice multitool.
    Last edited by free1954; 03-27-2017 at 12:50. Reason: bad link

7. Default

Buck 110, an Old Reliable, or a classic if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by kickshot7 View Post
    I am in the market for a new EDC knife and I wanted to see what everyone is carrying these days. I am leaning towards and auto (OTF) but I am open to anything.

Post pictures of your EDC knifes. I am currently carrying a MOD CQD Mark 1.
    If you can find a HK OTF made by Benchmade as they have discontinued the HK line. Deals ($100) are available if you can find them. The only downside is they use less expensive (440C) steel in the blade. Another inexpensive OTF auto is the Schrade Out the Front Viper Assisted Open Knife($60). I don't have any OTF knifes but I have a few autos and HK and Schrade are the best value.

Most of the time I carry a Schrade SC60B auto manufactured in Taiwan of 4116 steel. They are available for less than $30.

ww2eyes Guest

i am also carrying a MOD CQD Mark 1

I have a leatherman wave on my belt and a spyderco paramilitary in my pocket