Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Same weakness prone flat spring for the ejector. I think the coil spring retrofit was a common fix as I've seen them used in quite a good number of 'veterans rifles'.
    As far as the follower rib is concerned, I've always been under the impression the rib design was to control left/right loading and feeding.
    I've always been under the impression the rib design was to control left/right loading and feeding
    You don't shoot the 1917 much do you?
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

I've owned them since the late 70's. Not my main interest though. Shoot them on occasion and had the job of keeping the Post rifles clean for about the last 15 years. Those rifles have ground followers. Have never bothered with the depressor as I've never had any desire for all the accoutrements.

So, are you going to politely set me correct so i might learn something, or is the snipe good enough?
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

If you load the magazine you would notice the cutouts have nothing to do with feeding.

http://www.ubbcentral.com/store/item...509834436.html
    Last edited by milboltnut; 03-20-2017 at 11:21.
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Well the next time I dig one out I'll look again to see which way the rounds stagger in the magazine.
    In spite of your somewhat condescending reply, I thank you for showing me a good pic of the depressor. I've never bothered to take a good look at one before.
    I think the only time I had seen one was a line sketch. Probably in an old Numrich catalog. Before they became GPC since that's how long its been since I ordered one.

As far as the follower rib is concerned, I've always been under the impression the rib design was to control left/right loading and feeding
    So you have actually seen it to make a statement like this...

I've never bothered to take a good look at one before.
    Well the next time I dig one out I'll look again to see which way the rounds stagger in the magazine
    Again that has NOTHING to do with the "ribs"

But you said..
    I've always been under the impression the rib design was to control left/right loading and feeding
    so you did see the rib, but you don't know what they are for...does that make any sense? Or are you just tryin to cover up your tracks?

Please don't round and round and think you know what you are talking about... please stay from this thread, unless you do know what you are talking about.

So, are you going to politely set me correct so i might learn something, or is the snipe good enough

Sorry I can't politely correct you... due to the fact that you can't listen to the correct reason for the "ribs"... and the snipe got your attention, so no the snipe isn't good enough because you are continually saying the ribs are about staggered feeding....

the next time I dig one out I'll look again to see which way the rounds stagger in the magazine
    Last edited by milboltnut; 03-21-2017 at 07:50.

You've shown your true colors.

and so have you... instead of coming here acting like you know.... find something else to do like putzing.

Quote Originally Posted by milboltnut View Post
    and so have you... instead of coming here acting like you know.... find something else to do like putzing.
    Putzing..you must mean like sending pm's such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by milboltnut
    putzing
    Just in case you don't know what that means....

engage in inconsequential or unproductive activity
    Someone admits they were under a misguided impression for a long time....so you not only flame, twist their words to suit your frustrated temper, but try to kick them off a board too? When did you buy this domain?
    Life must suck for you.

Go ahead and get in your parting shot for the sake of bragging rights if it makes you feel so good. I won't see it. In all the years I've been on this board you're only the second to ever go on my ignore list.

JB
    This guy has pulled the same trolling/flaming on other well respected folks under a different alias on other boards. Use the ignore feature and rest assured your input is still appreciated by sane people. Even if you're a cubby fan!

10. Default

Yea, and he got banned from the CMP Forum on Wednesday!!!! Only took him 6 weeks....
    Last edited by Shomway; 03-23-2017 at 08:00.