Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What are the chances that those milling cuts in the follower rib are there to make the follower just a little less heavy? In my time as a tool/die maker, I have seen a lot of parts that were machined or drilled to remove metal (weight) in such a way as to remove weight while not making the part weak. An ounce here, an ounce there -- Regards, Johnny Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by pickax View Post
    JB
    This guy has pulled the same trolling/flaming on other well respected folks under a different alias on other boards. Use the ignore feature and rest assured your input is still appreciated by sane people. Even if you're a cubby fan!
    Yeah, I figured that was a "must do" right off. Found out others have already clicked him too. He can write what he wants but few will see it.

Been a lifelong Cubs fan. Lived only a couple of blocks from Wrigley. Moved there in the late 50's through the mid 70's. Can't change now

Quote Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
    Yea, and he got banned from the CMP Forum on Wednesday!!!! Only took him 6 weeks....
    Heard that from a couple of CMP'ers too. Was going to drop all this but figured a 'Thank You' for some moral support was in order. Thanks.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Johnny,
    the more I look at it, the more the machining on the left side of the center rib doesn't have anything to do with the magazine follower depressor. It slips into the magazine above the follower.

Those machine cuts don't seem to be used for it. The center rib is what staggers the rounds, and that's it.
    Last edited by milboltnut; 03-26-2017 at 01:35.
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by milboltnut View Post
    Johnny,
    the more I look at it, the more the machining on the left side of the center rib doesn't have anything to do with the magazine follower depressor. It slips into the magazine above the follower.

Those machine cuts don't seem to be used for it. The center rib is what staggers the rounds, and that's it.
    Actually there is a lip on the left side of the magazine follower depressor that fit into the groove cut on left side of the follower.

--fjruple

do you have one that you could take a pic of to show?.. I'd be interested to see.
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

milboltnut, I did not say anything about the magazine follower depressor at all. I said that I thought that the milled out areas on the follower's left side could simply be there in order to make the follower weigh less. The same thing is done to some butt stocks, a hole is drilled in the butt in order to remove weight from the stock. The butt plate covers the hole. That hole is not meant to be used to store a cleaning kit. Regards, Johnny Lawson
    Last edited by johnny l.; 03-26-2017 at 08:46. Reason: correct magazine follower depressor

7. Default

milboltnut--

I will get a pic of the follower and magazine depressor together, but please give me several days.

Thanks

--fjruple

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Yeah, I figured that was a "must do" right off. Found out others have already clicked him too. He can write what he wants but few will see it.

Been a lifelong Cubs fan. Lived only a couple of blocks from Wrigley. Moved there in the late 50's through the mid 70's. Can't change now

Heard that from a couple of CMP'ers too. Was going to drop all this but figured a 'Thank You' for some moral support was in order. Thanks.
    Late to the support end but fully agreed. Real attitude.