Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Here's a rare item I have that goes with the R-L rifles discussed here. A R-L cartridge belt that holds four 45/70 magazines and loose cartridges. The Khaki canvas mills belt has four pockets for magazines and 30 loops for cartridges. The Khaki color was used for Navy issue and blue for Army I have read. The brass end keepers have an 1889 patent date. The belt contains four Remington Lee 45/70 five shot magazines. One of the Magazines has patent dates on it. The belt is in excellent to almost minty condition including the leather closing straps on the Magazine pockets. There is a one small stain on the back of the belt. The belt is made for the 1879/82/85 model Remington Lee Navy rifles. There is an ad by military contractors Hartley & Graham in an 1890 issue of the Army Navy Journal that shows this belt with an 1885 rifle. Ray

Rem-Lee belt-1.JPGRem-Lee belt-6.JPGRem-Lee-2.JPGRem-Lee-3.JPGRem-Lee-4.JPG

P.S. Sadly in regard to the belt, I have been selling off most of my collection because of age, and the R-L rifle has been sold, so when I return to Florida in the fall I'm afriaid I will have to let it go also. Ray
    Last edited by rayg; 03-29-2017 at 10:49.

Too cool!

Well I tried again and this time the Thread with photos of my US Navy Rifles worked. Hope you enjoy the photos.
    Scout