Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Star Trek Voyager & Trapdoors

Watched a rerun of Star Trek voyager S3:E11 the Q and the Grey and noted that all the long guns used in the Q civil war where trapdoors. Interesting!
    Hollywood versions, Pedersoli, or originals, (fat chance)?

Jim

Star Trek Voyager is TV not reality. Any firearm that looks close is good enough for TV and movies.
    Most likely they were not real firearms at all. Rubber/plastic props are used when the firearm doesn't need to go bang.
    Gun shot sounds are put in during editing too. Movie types think blanks don't sound real enough.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Just to up date ya all after doing some more research on this I found a web site that covers all the actual firearms used in all the Star Trek movies and episodes.
    In the Q and the Grey they were actual real trapdoor replicas by Uberti modeled after the 1873 version and they were used in other episodes in the whole series and a number of other movies and TV series, they were in use as of 2009 as prop's.
    So who knows they may still be in the warehouse?

Jim

I seen that episode. they looked real to me. a lot of the rifles on DANIAL BOONE with fess parker T.V. series were trapdoors with flintlock hammer.
    only guys like us notice things like that. it drives my old lady crazy when I point that out.

If you see the first season of The Beverly Hillbillies, in the title shot when Jed is shooting up some oil, I believe he's using a Trapdoor. Also, when Drysdale takes them skeet shooting, again, I believe Jed has a Trapdoor!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Genuine trapdoors have been used in movies for decades. Once in awhile you may find one for sale that is marked "Property of MGM) or some other property company.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by free1954 View Post
    I seen that episode. they looked real to me. a lot of the rifles on DANIAL BOONE with fess parker T.V. series were trapdoors with flintlock hammer.
    only guys like us notice things like that. it drives my old lady crazy when I point that out.
    I was looking around for parts and on one website found on their last parts page they sold Trapdoor prop hammers that looked like flintlock cocks.

Schultz carried a Krag in Hogans Hero's.
    "Three people can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead" Mark Twain

The British Army had flint-lock trapdoors at the Battle of Culloden (BBC production).

Culloden-TD.JPG

10. Default

my favorite show for trapdoors are the older wagon train with ward bond. when the Indians attack almost everyone has a saddle ring trapdoor carbine.