Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    They didn't sell any simply because they didn't have any. Thier charter always provided for the sale of .30 caliber firearms which carbines are.
    The CMP charter was not limited to M1 rifles or carbines, they were chartered to sell surplus rifles period, that's why they sold all of those surplus .22s. Now that I think of it, they also sell commercial (non surplus) .22 rifles. They actually did have a few (carbines) they just didn't sell them, (though I understand they were loaned out at times) and that was, in fact, a political decision.. I remember specifically the CMP website said that the CMP "does not sell M1 Carbines." They later changed that policy and that's all it was, a policy and imported and sold a bunch of carbines. Policies change and some day, probably when I'm too old to use one, those M1911 pistols are probably going to be sold.
    Last edited by Art; 03-11-2017 at 03:10.

CMP will soon have nothing let to sell if they don't get the 1911's. They are basically out of carbines, running low on M1's, short on ammo and few if any 1903's and 1917's. Then all they will have left is newly made ammo. In the mean time IF and I say IF the Donald allows it, Century Arms will finally get their M1 Garands from Korea. The carbines there are still up for grabs as far as I know. The Hilda Beast and the old Pres at first were going to allow the Garands in but no carbines as those were so evil because they took a magazine. Then the Beast and Pres changed their minds and the Garands were not allowed in. There are reports that there are over 600,000 carbines still in Korea. It's time for them and the Garands to come home.

Texas native exiled to Oz for past indescretions to numerous to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    There are reports that there are over 600,000 carbines still in Korea. It's time for them and the Garands to come home.
    While I largely agree with you on that, considering there's a hella big army just to the north of them what is run by a loon, perhaps they should gin up their own version of CMP and get those guns into the hands of their own people. They might need 'em some day.
    "There it is"
    LOAD AND BE READY!

Those carbines were secondary weapons for many years. They have all been replaced by more modern firearms so these are surplus to the military's needs. Hey if they don't want them I DO!!!!