Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone Have Any Dope on CMP 1911s?

We know they'll not be priced to move but probably move anyways. Beyond that, is there news?

No news is not good news. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Blog Entries

I think they are being melted down for the Keystone Pipeline?

You're not funny! Work on it.

The CMP has said if their is a change they'll let us know. I don't think releasing the pistols is on the Prez radar right now. In the mean time, which means the forseeable future they're still in limbo in Aniston where they can't be destroyed or sold until something changes.

The release of the pistols has to be renewed by Congress again this year as it never was started last year under the not so good President we just had. If it is in the budget this year and stays in the budget this year after both the House and Senate chop the budget to pieces and then put it back together with the little pieces, then and only then will the Secretary of the Army be authorized to send them to CMP. That is IF CMP has filed the correct paper work with ATF. And the circus goes on.

Blog Entries

Tuna, is it still at specific number of pistols and only under the discretion of the Army Secretary?

I hope it doesn't put the CMP under a different light, when (a matter of when) a unfavorable political majority starts looking for low hanging fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Tuna, is it still at specific number of pistols and only under the discretion of the Army Secretary?

I hope it doesn't put the CMP under a different light, when (a matter of when) a unfavorable political majority starts looking for low hanging fruit.
    If anyone was going to get rid of the CMP it would have been Obama and he didn't, which frankly surprised me. The CMP for a long time didn't sell carbines at least partly for political reasons and then they did. I think it will be the same with these pistols. The CMP actually has the pistols, they just can't sell them. As Tuna said the paperwork to release them just has to be completed and the madness will begin!!

Blog Entries

I wasn't aware the carbines caused a similar dust up. Appreciate background info.

They didn't sell any simply because they didn't have any. Thier charter always provided for the sale of .30 caliber firearms which carbines are.