Default White Tiger, Revisited!

Now that I have a Dvd of the movie I want to redo my "review" - which was really more of a teaser. The movie is well done and I think anyone interested in armor warfare or WW-2 will enjoy it. The Russians went very to a good deal of trouble making thus movie. They converted an IS-2 which I think is a Stalin variant into a Tiger I. From the front it's perfect, from the side it's way too long and the turret looks more like a Koenigstiger. About the Russian mysticism in the movie, yes there is that so yep, it is not a straight war movie. On the other hand maybe the tank driver (later junior lieutenant) has PTSD... You be the judge. You will see lots of good operating T-34/85s and a few T-34/76s. Two good tank on tank engagements.... One very cool stalk through a deserted village.

Lots of good wreckage including a Matilda, which the Russians received over 900 of from Britain. There are some old BT tank hulks "from '41..." And a Panzer IV wreck on a flat car, and later in a field.

There was a replica Tiger built to perfect scale for the movie but not used, my guess is it either did not move well enough or just did not look evil enough. Also an M-7 priest was built and there is a barrage by Su-100s.

I think it gives a fair impression of Soviet Army life in WW-2, cleaned up quite a bit of course, they are far too friendly with the German they question.... The surrender of Berlin leaves out the wholesale rape of German civilian women, no surprise there.

I recommend this movie! 3a CCCP!
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 02-28-2017 at 08:04.