Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default seen an A4.. odd position of make/model on recevier ring

Last edited by milboltnut; 02-25-2017 at 04:31.
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Ummmm ... is this a joke? Or are you really serious about the A4 marking?
    Last edited by BEAR; 02-25-2017 at 06:52.

Sorry, I don't want to seem rude or condescending, I thought there might be a punchline to your query.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but isn't the US roll mark to far to the left on the receiver? It looks like the serial number would be under the scope base.
    Last edited by Randy; 02-25-2017 at 07:18.

Ok, the A4(03-A3) is correctly marked on the left side and the serial # is left in its original position so that can be read with the scope base on.

BEAR

Gotcha.....

7. Default

Both are moved to the side. If the serial number wasn't moved, the scope base would cover the number. Also, on the A4, the font size on the serial number is smaller.

Well, at least I was half right.

wasn't thinking sorry.

Kinda thinking what can possibly go wrong with the rifle...(that would need to relocate make/model) other than the scope or mount which has to be removed anyway to fix.. so then the make/model would be exposed. Seems like a waste of time to do this.
    Last edited by milboltnut; 02-26-2017 at 06:27.
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by milboltnut View Post
    wasn't thinking sorry.

Kinda thinking what can possibly go wrong with the rifle...(that would need to relocate make/model) other than the scope or mount which has to be removed anyway to fix.. so then the make/model would be exposed. Seems like a waste of time to do this.
    You have nothing to apologize for (bad grammer). I guess I was assuming you were making a funny because you have been on this forum a while and your question about the markings is usually made by people new to 03s. But then we are all learning.
    Several months ago an aquaintance who is very knowledgeable about M1 Garands asked me about a low numbered Springfield he was looking to buy. I asked him "Springfield or Rock Island"? He said "Remington". I did my Spock, one eyebrow raise, look and then explained the low number 03 story. Yes, we all are still learning.