Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Thanks for the replies.
    PWC, I took the ones I didn't 'trust' - either too light or too heavy (and some of the too-heavy were in oddball brand cases, which I didn't have a big enough sample size to determine their average 'proper' weight) and pulled the bullets. Turns out none of them were empty, and none were double charged - but now I was extra sure.

MMA10mm - those are good procedures, and I like the idea of adding a light to the side of the machine. The biggest safety improvement I did during last batch I loaded was to pre-inspect all the brass. Interruptions had been most often caused by small primer cases, or a 9 or 40 case lodged inside. Once my cases were good to go, it was easy to establish a rhythm and everything ran smoothly. I agree with you on the complexity and manual-ness of a loading block, although I do use them when I make up 'Super Duper Match' loads where all the charges are hand weighed, like rifle cartridges.

weigh the bullet, primer and case.. separately and then the loaded round for each brand of case. Then you can see if you didn't charge them.
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.