Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 3 digit serial# 03

Was just checking out GunBroker. com There's a 3 digit 03 on there. Guy wants 4 grand for it

Yikes! I hope it's still in .30-03 and in original and correct configuration for that asking price.

For that price it should be NOS and unfired

4. Default

Post a link? I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Shapiro View Post
    Thank you Dan

7. Default

Two things I admire about this seller, even if his price is off-base: admits that stock is a replacement, and tells everyone up front what he wants for it, reasonable or not, rather than wasting everyone's time with those stupid, sucker-bait, "penny starts."

If I had $4000 to spend on anything, what I'd buy would be a "new" second-hand truck.

"...hope it's still in .30-03..." Fake if it is. The rifles were converted to .30-06 after 1906. Be worth more than 4 grand if it was one of the alleged 50 to 100 '03's that didn't get converted though. Mind you, the guy says it's not original. He put on the stock.
    Suspicious, anyway. JFC(J.F. Coyle) worked at SA from 1906-1907. That S/N indicates a 1903 manufacture date according to. http://m1903.com/
    Spelling and grammar count!

9. Default

Would have preferred a cleaner shot of the receiver at point of the serial number. The blue seems almost too even, rather than more mottled in appearance as I think it should be if it's original finish. With the 05 date the barrel probably is a replacement. I think that serial number should have been assembled into a rod bayonet rifle in 1904.

Like that the guy was up front about the stock.......Would'a' liked it more if it was in a NO BOLT rod bayonet conversion stock (better still, original rod bayonet RIFLE). I'd need to see better photos, and still, at $4Gs, his price isn't the only thing that's high....My $.02