Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

You pulled off the repairs without getting to 'gimmicky' about it. Good job. Only two little things IF it were mine.
    1. I'd wait a bit to make sure everything is cured before shooting. I know...I know, it's OK but my mind runs on the conservative side.
    2. Based just on the photos, it looks as though it's going to need some more oil in the stock?

Are you familiar with the old linseed oil adage?
    Once a day for a week.
    Once a week for a month.
    Once a month for a year.
    *Once a year thereafter*

*some cite that last line while most of the old timers don't*

Good job. Repaired as needed without putting makeup on a sow.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    You pulled off the repairs without getting to 'gimmicky' about it. Good job. Only two little things IF it were mine.
    1. I'd wait a bit to make sure everything is cured before shooting. I know...I know, it's OK but my mind runs on the conservative side.
    2. Based just on the photos, it looks as though it's going to need some more oil in the stock?

Are you familiar with the old linseed oil adage?
    Once a day for a week.
    Once a week for a month.
    Once a month for a year.
    *Once a year thereafter*

*some cite that last line while most of the old timers don't*

Good job. Repaired as needed without putting makeup on a sow.
    Yep JB I should have made it clear its in the gun safe for a couple weeks, I was going to hit the whole thing again then give it another two weeks. I figured after a month it should be good to shoot. I have plenty of RLO left so I can hit it a few more times then I had planned. I appreciate the heads up on that, and will add that to the list.

I do treat my good wood stocks every year (I usually hit all my wood guns once a year, most are in BLO or Tung, this one and a couple older L.E.s will be done in RLO). When I do its really light just to keep the wood in good shape. Might not be necessary for all because some do not see much daylight. The exception to that rule is a few beater project guns that are laying around.