Default Just bought a Pedersoli

Well, I came on a deal that I could not refuse and purchased a Pedersoli TD rifle. I'm not a complete stranger to TDs, but know little about these repops. So what are the down sides to this one ?

Be SURE that the camshaft and thumblatch are PERMANENTLY aligned (don't depend on the setscrew) with the PROPER orientation. The early Pedersolis copied the cheapsh*t design of the H&R in which false locking (leading to "automatic ejection" and soiled underwear) has occured. Outside of that, they are apparently fine, though I would never recommend paying full price for one.

I suspect this one might be in the former H&R range as the SN is below 1000. It's not currently in hand. Somewhere in the past I read about a fix for that issue but cant remember where.
    Neither would I suggest paying full for one.
    Last edited by EO1; 02-14-2017 at 11:49.

4. Default

I tried to buy a new Pedersoli TD carbine off my friendly FFL dealer....he looked-up what he had in it and I bought an original TD carbine online for less than the reproduction cost!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    I tried to buy a new Pedersoli TD carbine off my friendly FFL dealer....he looked-up what he had in it and I bought an original TD carbine online for less than the reproduction cost!
    My point EXACTLY - why buy a repro (which has a super-shiny modern finish with indifferent fitting of parts, etc.) when for about the same money you can get super workmanship and a bit of history?

I have it on fairly good authority that Hopeless and Revolting never sold any repop TD parts or machinery to Pedersoli. My father used to work there.

Respectfully,
    Bob S.
    Resp'y,
    Bob S.

USN Distinguished Marksman No. O-067

Good to see you posting again, hope you are feeling better - BTW, the "secret squirrel" mission has been cancelled - some poor fool bought the dam thing and it is his problem now.

The H&R-Pedersoli connection has been denied before, and I honor your knowledge in any event. That said, the timing, and the decision on which design to copy, DO pose an interesting coincidence, if nothing else.

Hi Dick.

I think my days of precision shooting are over. Losing eyesight to retinopathy, and have not been to the range in about four years.

H&R/Pedersoli connectoion seem like coincidence? Yes, it does. I know that Dick Trenk vehemently denied the stories of any H&R relationship, including "copying" the H&R design. Truth, or just professional pride? Dunno. I have a Pedersoli carbine, and the locking cam has a square seat. Why a repro? So I can tinker with it to make it more shootable by a one-eyed fat man without the guilt of molesting an original.

Respectfully,
    Bob S.
    Resp'y,
    Bob S.

Hi Dick.

I think my days of precision shooting are over. Losing eyesight to retinopathy, and have not been to the range in about four years.

H&R/Pedersoli connection seem like coincidence? Yes, it does. I know that Dick Trenk vehemently denied the stories of any H&R relationship, including "copying" the H&R design. Truth, or just professional pride? Dunno. I have a Pedersoli carbine, and the locking cam has a square seat. Why a repro? So I can tinker with it to make it more shootable by a one-eyed fat man without the guilt of molesting an original.

Respectfully,
    Bob S.
    Resp'y,
    Bob S.