Default Marine Barracks Gtmo

Was wondering if any Marines on here spent anytime at Marine Bcks Gtmo. I was there from Jan 62 to Jul 63......

That was during the "missile crisis" with Russia? My cousin was the Naval air Squadron C.O., there at that time. Commander William Moore.
    Last edited by dave; 02-12-2017 at 01:27.
    You can never go home again.

7th comm bn.,camp Horno 1st Mar Div. we were out with the Squids ready to do harm to someone..........

I was Navy, so never spent any time at the Marine Barracks. But my ship (USS Luiseno ATF-156) was attached to the Naval Base at Gitmo for a while in 1964-65. We towed targets for the Destroyers and cruisers that were at Gitmo for their training. Since our ship was attached to the base for administrative purposes, we were considered base personnel, and got to go to the "Barrel Club", which was a lot better than the enlisted club that men from other ships went to. I remember those 25 cent gin & tonics!
    We made several runs down to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and usually took a dozen or so sailors and Marines down there for a few days & nights of drinking and debauchery.
    One of our guys messed up and got 30 days in the Gitmo brig. He was a changed man when he got back.
    Tickets, Please!