Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

I've found Solo 1000 to be a very nice shooting powder for 9mm and .45 ACP with the right loads. I'm in the low 4 gr range for 125/130/135 gr bullets with excellent accuracy and mild recoil, but still meeting power factor levels for USPSA.

For the .223, I load on the hot side for velocity and just use a good compensator and technique.

I wouldn't worry so much with trying to improve your abilities via the power factor of your ammo, but work on your technique and skill to make up the difference. I won the 2009 Georgia State Single Stack title shooting 195 PF factory .45 ACP ammo out of my 1911 at the time. Shooting +P ammo might make a difference, but most ammo loads aren't going to make a difference for a good shooter.

Dokcop, that NM Rock River with the 1 in 8 twist has a Wylde chamber, specifically designed by him for use of the 80 gr. Sierra MK for the 600 yard portion of the match.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

when I was in the game of highpower
    on the 200, 300 yard lines I used 24.5 grains of varget, LC brass, 77 grain sierra match king bullets moly coated. I used the moly as everyone else was.
    I never had a corrosion problem. they all fit in the magazine.
    for the 600 yard line, is used the same load with 80 grain sierra match king moly. these are SINGLE load only and will not fit the magazine.
    I was using standard small rifle winchester primers in my dillon 550 press.
    best I managed to do in my whole 2-1/8 seasons due to health was 727 out of 800.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jjrothWA View Post
    Never heard the M1 cycled, due to other M1's barking. But did enjoy the "PING"! during 200 & 300 RF stages!
    this,

do hear the ring of a M14 when fired, never tried to quiet that one down,