Default Remington Model 10-A Combat Shotgun

This is my first post on Culver’s. Recently acquired my third combat shotgun and have some questions and also wanted to share photos. It’s a WWI Remington Model 10-A, with nonmatching numbers. I called Remington and they informed me the action was made in 1917 and the barrel was made in 1918. I’m excited to add this great piece of history to the other US Military Long Arms in my care.

When purchased it had a metal heatshield/bayonet lug installed instead of the wood handguard and separate bayonet attachment. I’ve removed that non correct part and cleaned up the outside of the shotgun. It has the correct length 23” barrel, recess under the front for the set screw for the bayonet attachment, both sling swivels, and the wood handguard attachment with screws. That attachment is off shotgun in photos to show the blue finish where it was. All the correct markings are present.

I have found the East Taylor site that sells a reproduction of both the bayonet attachment and the wood handguard. I’m interested to know if these are the best option to restore this model 10 or are there other options I should know about?
    Thanks
    Scout

Last edited by cowtownscout; 11-11-2017 at 12:12.

Last edited by cowtownscout; 11-11-2017 at 12:13.

This is the metal heatshield/bayonet lug that was on the shotgun. I’m assuming it’s a repro but do not know. Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

Last edited by cowtownscout; 11-11-2017 at 12:14.

4. Default

Mismatched.

Blog Entries

Cowtown, stay away from East Taylors you will only be disappointed. Check e-bay they do show up now and again, also the late Steve Preston had some bayonet lugs made up from originals that were of very high quality. I posted on this site and found one. There was a gentleman that posted on this site that did make some hand guards ( he had an original that he was using as a pattern.) and was selling them but I would have to do some digging to find his e-mail for you .

The heatshield is for a Winchester 1200
    Trench gunIMG_4083.jpg

Blog Entries

Cowtown, sent you a PM.