Default 03A3 Saved Sporterized C-Stock

Gentlemen:

Thought you might like to see how a friend's C-Stock was saved. He had a sporterized stock that was cut off above the strap band. He also came up with a piece of the front of another stock that had been more drastically sporterized, below the strap band.

Step-1
    We used a blind-cut on the main stock and created a tab on the front piece so the front part of the stock would insert into the main stock about an inch and a half. We then covered the barrel with plastic wrap and JB welded everything together holding until cure with rubber basnds.

Step-2
    Unable to make a true dove-tail, we opted to add a spline and later use 4 dowels to achieve tension between the 2 stock pieces.

Step-3
    Once the JB Weld cured, we then created a channel to match both stocks and used JB Weld to insert the spine in-place. This was clamped in-place and set aside to cure. The last step was to drill 4 holes, offset so as to not compromise the thickness of the spline and JB Weld in-place.

We had fun and saved this poor stock.

Thanks for viewing.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job!
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

danco101 Guest

This is a great job! It would be a good idea for someone to market some Walnut pieced that are a closer match to the original cut outs, as these stocks seem to have the same diameter milling cuts inside, and sell them as repair kits with epoxie glue, I have done these repairs also, and there are a lot of cut down 03's out there, perhaps Brownells would get on board!

Stock stretching is nothing new, but I've not seen the dowels before, clever idea. Nice job!

Very nice. I have a scant that needs the same fix. I have the pieces, but not the skill. Please let me know if you offer this as a service!

Excellent work. The use of dowels is a tried and true method for such repair/restoration. You did an excellent job. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."